This is the s the gold to silver ratio since the beginning of 2025. And you can see how that has gone down right from 105 in what April of 2025. So testing that resistance level on the top to whatever it is right now 66 68 to1. But I've also told you many times that we will see that ratio grow more narrow and then once we go into hyperinflation then it changes again and it'll grow wider. So, I pulled up the data from um from Wymer Republic in Germany and not because that's the worst
case, but because it's the most well-known case. And this is the data that I pulled on what happened to Spot Silver during that period of time. So, this is 1919 and 1923. And it went from about 150 marks to an ounce to let's see hundreds, thousands, millions, billions, a trillion marks. There's a lot that's happening in both the spot gold and silver markets, new highs, etc. And I get all the time the question about the gold and silver ratio. So that's what we're going to
talk about today. And of course, there's no question that's off the table, but let's just dive right in. Because I can tell you one thing, but I you know pictures say a thousand words. So this is in the beginning that 20th of an ounce of gold to 1 ounce of silver to a silver certificate all in circulation at the same time at the same stated value. This takes you all the way back to 1693. So you know you hear a lot about the 15:1 ratio. Well, that was from 1693 up until shortly before 1913
when we had a little bit of shift, but that was the norm. And you can see it stayed very steady for uh 15 ounces of silver to 1 ounce of gold. But then there was a pattern shift. That's why I always talk about the pattern shifts because you don't need to really understand exactly why something is shifting. When it shifts, it gives you a heads up. And we could see that pattern shift that happened right before 1913. And there you go. Then we're off to the races because that's when it shifted to
that 20 20th of an ounce of gold, this itty bitty piece to 1 ounce of silver. And and when I'm doing the fundamental value, I do it from 1913, that 20th to one. What it's going to be, I don't know. But let's look at this more closely. Welcome to Gold Silver News, your go to destination for all things economics and finance. Whether you're an experienced investor, an inquisitive student, or just someone who wants to stay ahead in today's everchanging economic landscape, you've come to the
right place. I've been working on a private road map for viewers who are more focused on protecting their wealth than speculating in uncertain markets. I'll share it at the end for those interested. Now, we'll show you the best clips of the latest interview. But first, smash the subscribe button, hit the like button, and send us super thanks if you find our daily recaps valuable. Enjoy the episode >> because you can look on this chart and you can see when it hits a bottom and also when it hits a top. So 1940 that
ratio was 100 to one and then of course it drops back down to 17:1 and then back up right and testing it 91 to one etc and on and we're going to look at this more closely just so you can see these patterns and as they've shifted and so by what was that 2020 and really if you look at the dates on us what was happening. These were big major crisis in the ' 40s. We had the war that was really um erupting in Europe and the US became in in a little bit later in the ' 40s the world reserve currency in
what 1991 that hit a 91:1 ratio on it. What was happening in the '9s? there was a major transition that was happening and we see it in the banking sector. I mean I could take each one of these dates and draw a string of what was happening in the financial system at those periods of time but there's typically a crisis and in a crisis we see more of a shift toward gold as the primary currency metal. And when we're looking at where we are today, or at least when I pulled this on Friday,
we were at a 58:1 ratio. So, it's dropped very substantially cuz there are times when silver spot silver is moving faster than spot gold and vice versa. So, we're going to look a little bit more deeply. So, we get rid of the the 15 to one um piece and now you can see this a bit more clearly. But I also wanted to show you the average over that time, which is and the support levels. That's what I'm showing you here. See that broke a support level. That's why I circled it. And it did it again there. it it hit.
All right, let me let me kind of back up to do this a little bit more clearly. Technically speaking, support is on the bottom. So, you see that that uh ratio hit the bottom and then bounce back up. >> When the gold to silver ratio moves sharply, it usually coincides with stress in the financial system. During global conflicts, banking crises, or monetary transitions, the ratio has historically surged or collapsed. In the 1940s, wartime uncertainty pushed the ratio near extremes. Decades later,
similar spikes appeared during financial restructuring and systemic instability. These movements aren't random. They reflect investor behavior. Gold acting as a primary reserve asset. Silver swinging between monetary metal and industrial commodity. Each time the ratio breaks historical boundaries, it signals a change in confidence, liquidity, or policy direction. Pattern shifts matter because they often arrive before the headlines do. >> Resistance is on the top. So, it hits the top and it bounces back toward down
again. When you think when you see a pattern shift is because it it either goes below that support level which means it's likely to go lower or it's going above the resistance level which means it's more likely to go higher. So that's why I wanted to show you this because where are we right now? What is what can we anticipate? Uh let's get there right because look at it broke that 50 to1 ratio back in 2011 right now at 56 to1 or wherever we were I think it was 56 to1 I would imagine
this would be telling me as a technician that because at the same time in 2020 we broke the upper resistance level right so quite honestly it's telling telling me that it could either go back down and test that 20:1 ratio or and it could go back up and test that well it'll go past that 100 to1 ratio. We don't know. Time is going to tell us which way or the other, but we can pay attention to where we are right now. and at 56 to1 or what 58:1 whatever that ratio is telling you. Let's see if it goes down to bounce on
that 50 to1. If it does and it comes back up then it's more likely to go above the 100 to one. If it doesn't and it continues going through that level then it's more likely to test that bottom ratio again. So that's why pattern shifts and I talk about them all the time because they help you see what is the next most likely outcome. I can't give you any guarantees, but frankly when I go to these technical levels, it really doesn't matter what you're looking at. You could be looking at
stocks, you could be looking at interest rates, you could be looking at at confidence levels, you could be looking at ratios. It doesn't matter what you should always be looking for. And it's simple. You could just take a ruler, a straight edge, right? Pull up a chart, put a ruler to it, see, you can see for yourself. It's not rocket science. It's actually really simple to do. Um, print out that print out that chart and just draw a straight line up, down, whichever direction the lines are going. And then
that helps you understand what is the next most likely outcome. We're going to know this shortly because it's testing that threshold. But I want to take you on a little bit of a journey to help you also see that. And that's in this comparative performance chart. Any of you can do it. I've shown you how. I've done videos on how you can do this yourself because it's on stockcharts.com. And you can pull this up and you can compare anything that you want. It's relative performance. In this
particular case, spot gold, which is that blue line, to spot silver, which is that red line. I can't control the color of the lines. Maybe there's a way to do it, but I don't know how to do it. But this is the relative performance. And so you can see back in what was that date 99 when we had actually the first derivative surge. But we'll just stay here for today. And you can see how both spot gold and silver kind of follow the same path. And then we saw a greater move above it back in 2011, right? So
the financial crisis happened became visible to everybody in 2008. It was happening before that but the public couldn't see it. So there was a flight to safety and you can see that spot silver reacted more than spot gold did during that period of time. But that's also when there was a pattern change and you can see how both of those lines kind of trended afterwards in what was that 2020. Then you can see how the spot silver that red line moved up much more rapidly. So, there are definitely times
when spot gold will move quicker than spot silver or spot silver will move quicker than spot gold. And you can go on this relative performance chart. Anybody can do this for free. So, you don't even have to sign up for it. Just at stockcharts.com. And didn't we do a video on how to get to the relative performance? I'm pretty sure we did that at one point. I think we just showed them how to navigate it. We didn't like on one of the lives. We didn't make a separate video of it. Oh, comparing gold
and silver directly shows how differently they react to the same environment. During major financial shocks, both metals rise, but silver often moves faster, both up and down. This was evident after the 2008 crisis and again during the 2020 monetary expansion. Relative performance charts reveal when silver accelerates ahead of gold, narrowing the ratio, and when fear drives capital back into gold. These divergences highlight opportunity but also risk. Silver's volatility makes it powerful during monetary expansion.
While gold remains the anchor during uncertainty. Understanding this relationship is critical for anyone thinking beyond short-term price moves. You know what? Maybe when we're done here today or first thing in the morning, we can just do that. It'll take less than a minute for me to show you how to do this on your own. My personal goal is to convert financial noise into understandable language and give you the tools that you need to make independent informed choices that put your best interest first. Because at the end of
the day, let's face it, you are the one that's going to reap the rewards or bear the consequences of any choices that you make. So, let's just make them informed. And this is where we are right now. And you can certainly see pretty clearly that red line that silver has moved exponentially faster than spot gold in this longerterm relative performance chart. And this is just another one, a shorter term where you can see where that divergence really took place. Right? So this is everything this is
about is giving you the tools to make informed choices. And I don't think we've done one. So we'll get that done. It'll be less than a minute. It's not going to take very long. And this is the gold to silver ratio since the beginning of 2025. And you can see how that has gone down right from 105 in what April of 2025. So testing that resistance level on the top to whatever it is right now 66 to 68 to1. But I've also told you many times that we will see that ratio become more narrow and then once we go
into hyperinflation then it changes again and it'll grow wider. So, I pulled up the data from Wymer Republic in Germany and not because that's the worst case, but because it's the most well-known case and this is the data that I pulled on what happened to Spot during that period of time. So, this is 1919 and 1923 and it went from about 150 marks to an ounce to let's see hundreds, thousands, millions, billions of trillion marks. Historical hyperinflation offers a final viewpoint.
In extreme monetary breakdowns, both gold and silver rise dramatically, but the ratio doesn't remain constant. In early stages, silver often outpaces gold as currencies weaken. Later, as confidence collapses, the ratio widens again as gold reasserts dominance. The lesson is simple. Metals don't rise because they gain value. Currencies fall because they lose it. This is why physical gold and silver are best viewed as long-term strategic assets, not short-term trades. Understanding function, scarcity, and historical
behavior allows individuals to make educated decisions because ultimately the outcome belongs to the decision maker per ounce of silver. So, it definitely allowed you to continue to buy food and whatever else you needed on a day-to-day basis. And it's why I like silver for barterability. But here is what happened to gold during that same period of time or the spot gold market. Same period of time that started out at 110 marks per ounce of gold and went up to 10 trillion marks per ounce of gold.
And by the way guys, is this really gold and silver going up or is it the mark going down because of all of the money printing that the government did to pay for all of the spending that they weren't earning? It's the same thing today. And this is for that period of time. the silver to gold ratio during the Wymer hyperinflation and you can see that it definitely did go down right it was 15 to1 in 1919 11:1 after that by 1921 it was 40 to1 so it had gone up substantially and here you go just like
what we're experiencing today spot silver moved up faster than spot gold both of them were moving up but spot silver moved up faster took it down to the 25 to1 and then it was off to the races at the end of this and it ended up at 100 to1. I can show you more examples and if you want them, let me know. I could do a whole piece just on the silver gold ratio during hyperinflation. And if that's something that would be interesting to you, I could put that on my very long list of videos to create.
But essentially, I wanted you to see where we are because I never look at silver or gold as a trade. If you want to look at it as a short-term trade, there are much better vehicles than the physical markets. I really don't do that with the physical because there's timing and then there's also the fees involved in all of that. There are cheaper ways if what you're interested in or even partially because it never has to be all or none if you're looking to capture this. And now, you know, I mean, go
back. Oh, let's see. I don't think I can. I have to go back through each one. So, this is kind of like a pain in the neck, but I'll do it quickly. I think it's the one that I want before this. Yeah, this one. Okay. So, if you're thinking about doing this as a trade, pay attention to this. You can actually even go on to long-term trends and pull this particular chart. See if it breaks below that 50 to1. If it does, then it's more likely to go down. If you're thinking about this as a trade, then
this chart is the one for you to pay attention to. If your priority right now is not chasing returns, but protecting what took decades to build, I've put together a private road map linked below. If your priority right now is not chasing returns, but protecting what took decades to build, I've put together a private road map linked below. Oh.
Post a Comment