gold news

 I try to purchase $86 silver. A room full of dealers stun me. I have to tell you the truth. I was thrilled to see silver fall to $86 an ounce because I know the strategy. You buy on the dip. And fortunate for me, this morning, today, the day after, there's a local coin show here where I live. So, I had a room full of dealers that I should be able to purchase $86 silver from. Well, look, to understand what's happening with premiums and what occurred to me today, we have to first revisit that


painful feeling we all experienced. These are American silver eagles I'm holding in front of your screen. Remember just 2 years ago when these eagles, one eagle was selling for $14 above spot. Do you recall those days? And everyone's jaw was just dropped. And people are still recovering from the amount of money we spent on those premiums. Do you remember that? That was just two brief years ago. Now, today when I went into this local coin show, these dealers were holding, listen to this, at $10 above spot for one. And not


only was I just searching for Eagles, look, I was searching for maples. Same thing. Canadian Maples, $10 above spot easily and without hesitation. This was a room full of seasoned dealers. They've been in this business for years now. What we truly have to grasp about what's going on here with silver is that yesterday's collapse, it was not caused by weak demand. It was not. It was caused by policy uncertainty because news broke about an incoming new Fed chair. And when leadership shifts,


futures markets repric instantly. That's what occurs. But physical dealers like I'm encountering, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who encountered this today, they do not. Dealers understand paper silver can swing wildly just on expectations alone. They know that and they've lived through it before. So when price collapses on anticipation alone, really, they assume that paper moved and it could reverse just as fast. That's what they assume. And they've been in this business for a long time. Look,


silver dropped over 25% yesterday. That's it, 25%. But premiums barely changed at all. I mean, a $10 hit above spot is for each of these ounces. That is really painful for silver stackers. The second reason premium stayed elevated is replacement risk. That's what they're really considering is replacement risk. And as stackers, we don't consider this really that often. But dealers don't care what silver was yesterday. They don't. Yesterday's drop was driven by profit taking as far as


they're concerned. big players locking in gains after a massive run. That's the way they are viewing it. And that kind of selling hits futures first, not the physical supply chain. I'm going to say that again because as stackers, we need to grasp this. It hits silver futures first, not the local mom and pop. Dealers understand that when leveraged money exits, it doesn't magically create more silver bars. It does not. So, if they sell inventory too cheaply and wholesalers tighten up, which is very


likely, they're stuck restocking at higher prices. This is what is going through your dealer's mind. Not, oh, I paid a certain amount for this silver. I want to get it back. That's not how they're viewing it. And really, that's how shops go out of business if they're not understanding that math as a dealer. So, they keep premiums raised as insurance against the restocking risk. That's what they're viewing it as. And by the way, when I was at this local coin show today, I wasn't the only one.


There were many people attempting to buy. We all saw it as buying on the dip. And I wasn't the only silver stacker who was stunned and really feeling irritated, feeling like we're getting burned and getting taken advantage of. But when you view it as a futures market truly shifting rather than the physical market, it's really two different lives of silver that we need to grasp. Global precious metals markets remain extremely volatile. Gold prices recently slumped sharply from record highs, trading back


below $4,700 per ounce and extending losses as markets reacted to shifting monetary policy expectations. Silver has seen even steeper swings, oscillating around 75 to $80 per ounce after an historic draw down from prior peaks. Precious metals have been leading broader commodity weakness. Financial markets reaction US and global in early US trading on the first business day of the week. Stocks open mixed with tech sector weakness tempering gains and broader markets stabilizing after weakened volatility. Asian markets saw


sharper declines earlier on weakness in metals and commodities while US treasury yields held steady. Why gold and silver are falling? The core driver of the precious metal sell-off has been market repricing around US interest rates and central bank leadership. US President Donald Trump's nomination of Kevin Worsh as the next Federal Reserve chair, perceived as a monetary policy hawk pushed expectations toward longer periods of higher interest rates. A stronger dollar and higher real yields typically reduce demand for non-yielding


assets like gold and silver, prompting liquidation across gold and silver futures and ETFs. Major institutions increased margin requirements on precious metals futures, intensifying selling pressure and forcing leverage positions to unwind, especially in silver, where volatility is historically higher due to smaller market liquidity and strong speculative interest. Market cap impact and sentiment. Analysts estimate trillions wiped off the combined market cap of gold and silver markets during the recent slide,


highlighting the scale of the correction. Despite this, long-term themes such as central bank demand for gold and safe haven flows during geopolitical uncertainty continue to support a bullish structural narrative for bullion over the medium to long term. global commodities and broader economy signals. The precious metals downturn has coincided with weakness across broader commodities, including industrial metals and energy as markets digest tightening monetary policy odds and moderating geopolitical risk. Some


equities indices have shown resilience, but sentiment remains fragile as macroeconomic data due this week may further influence price direction for commodities, rates, and equities. Silver's unique volatility. Silver's sharp swings reflect its dual role as both an industrial metal and a financial asset. Its smaller market size and heavier retail/spectator positioning can exaggerate price moves compared to gold, which is more deeply supported by institutional and central bank demand. Summary points for your


script. Gold recently slid back below $4,700 per Oz after a historic rally and sharp sell-off. Silver has seen extreme volatility, trading around $75 to $80 per Oz after steeper drops. US monetary policy expectations, especially around the Fed leadership choice, are key near-term drivers. Elevated margin requirements and leverage positions unwinding have magnified price moves. Despite volatility, some institutional forecasts remain bullish for gold longer term due to central bank demand. If your priority right now is not


chasing returns, but protecting what took decades to build, I've put together a private road map linked below. If your priority right now is not chasing returns, but protecting what took decades to build, I've put together a private road map linked below. Oh.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post