gold news

 Hey everybody here. Hope you're doing well. Welcome to today's live stream. So the silver price today is crushing record all-time highs once again. Gold doing the same thing. We'll talk about this rise in the price. We'll take a look at the charts. I've also got a very important alert for stackers. and stick around because this has to do with a recent news story which may not have crossed your radar but it's really important and it demonstrates a point that all stackers need to be aware of as


the price of silver continues to climb at a rapid pace. Now on that note, I also have been hearing a lot of voices out there in the stacker community, non-stackers, etc. saying, "What do you do with your silver now that it has increased so much? You know, what's your exit strategy? What are you doing?" So, I'm going to share with you today my thoughts on that as well. And I'll tell you what I've been doing. I can't give you any financial advice. That's not really what we do here, but I will share


with you my approach to capitalize on Silver's rise while still maintaining some exposure to it. and I'll give you all my thoughts on that. So stick around because we have a lot to cover today and this warning is very important. Don't worry, we will get to that. All right, so let's just talk briefly about what the price of silver did today. You might recall yesterday we had the sell-off, quote unquote sell-off, a minor pullback down to about 90 bucks and change following President Trump's commentary


that he's no longer going to be imposing tariffs beginning February 1st on the EU over the whole Greenland issue. There's been a deal reached. I guess we get some access to land there in Greenland. We get to have some access to natural resources, too. We get to place military bases, etc. So, they've got this great deal. So, the price of silver sold off very briefly. If you managed to buy that dip, great job because today the silver price is up almost six bucks from the low of yesterday. So, I've said all


along this ride is going to be choppy. It's going to be volatile, but it's going to be upward for the foreseeable future. And right now, silver is consolidating within this channel here. I think we're going to get a breakout to the upside, which interestingly is going to kind of align with that move to 100 bucks. you break out of this channel, the breakout point would be around 97 almost certainly. When we do break out of this channel, you're going to go to $100 plus. Is there going to be


resistance at 100 bucks? Maybe. Maybe we touch it, we retest the line, then we take off again. But I don't think that 100 is the top. And I think if you've been watching for a while, that 120 is actually a much more likely place where we will start to see any kind of meaningful resistance. That's based on the real inflationadjusted target using the money supply. I'm not going to get into that too much today, but just know that I don't think we're the top. Let's look briefly at gold. Then I'll give you


my thoughts on what to do with silver now since it's gone up so much. So gold, if we zoom out a bit here, has broken out from this ascending formation here, going on a real surge today. We're almost at 5,000 bucks. We are $80 away from $5,000 gold spot price. So, $5,000 an ounce. I mean, very likely we hit that before the end of January, I think. What is 2026 going to bring? Well, much higher prices for gold, I believe, than $5,000. But we got to cross $5,000 first. I mean, that could happen in a


matter of days. Today, gold price up $88. If it goes and does that again tomorrow, we'll be over 5,000 bucks. So, that is quite significant. Now, this is a post that I put addressing this idea of, you know, what do you do with your silver now that it has risen so much. And again, this is something I've heard a lot of people discussing recently. I think this post kind of resonated, gain a lot of traction, but I'll just read it to you. I said, I've seen a few people asking, "What do you do with silver now


that it's up so much? A few thoughts. One, silver is very likely nowhere near top. It just broke out of 46-year cup and handle. Moves like that don't resolve in a few months. On a log scale, high triple digits aren't crazy, especially with the pace of currency creation and the Fed already drifting back toward QE. So, the pattern that I'm referring to, we'll just glance at it for those of you who are new to this space. And if you're new to this space, welcome. This is the cup and handle.


This is a log chart, right? So on an arithmetic chart, the difference between the low of this pattern is around three bucks and the high, the breakout point at 50. So you know, $46.50. We've reached that point today at $96, right? You would expect to add that difference onto the breakout point. But the thing is that if you look at it in percentage terms instead of just nominal values, we're only a fraction of the way toward where you'd expect to get if you talk about the percentage move between


the bottom of this cup here and the breakout point. A percentage move like that from 50 bucks, which is the breakout, would be high tripledigit silver, which is where I suspect we are ultimately heading before this bull market is over. All right, number two on this post. That doesn't mean it goes straight up forever. Volatility is part of the process, but structurally this still looks like early innings, not late. So, could silver correct? Yeah, sure. It could hit 100 bucks. It could drop to 70. That's not outside of the


range of possibilities. If you follow the silver market for any amount of time, one thing that you will realize about silver is that it can move up fast to the upside and it can move really fast to the downside, right? It takes the stairs up and the elevator down. Maybe in the case of silver, it takes the escalator up but the elevator down, but still it can drop. And I personally, not financial advice, but I would view any drops as a buying opportunity. That's kind of what I've been doing all


along. And that has served me pretty well thus far. So I went on to say number three. I'd use paper silver to take profits, rebalance, and rotate into incomeroucing assets when it makes sense. So I haven't sold a single ounce of physical. I have, however, traded options on ETFs like the SLV. I have owned miners. I have taken profits on some of those, although I still maintain a pretty hefty position there. But for me, the place to take profits first is going to be your paper position. And


I'll just go on to number four here because this ties into this. I set my core physical stack is different. I don't really treat it as a trade. It's insurance against a sovereign debt crisis. At some point, I may roll some into gold if the gold to silver ratio compresses enough, but that's risk management, not selling the top. So, yeah, I haven't sold a single ounce of physical silver, even though it's well above my dollar cost average point now, and I probably won't anytime soon. Now,


if we see the gold to silver ratio drop to 30 or to 20, I might consider trimming physical silver and move into some physical gold just because the ratio at that point would be historically near the lows. But that's about it right now. At some point, maybe if the price of silver goes absolutely so high that I'm just concentrated in physical, I might sell some. But, you know, for what? That's the question, right? For fiat dollars. No, I wouldn't want to sit in dollars ever for any


particularly long stretch of time because I think it's clear that the dollar is being debased, but maybe rotating into incomeroucing assets in other sectors might make sense, right? I think right now, again, not financial advice, but the energy sector looks kind of attractive. It looks undervalued. Could get cheaper? Yeah, for sure. Could oil and gas fall? Yeah, sure. But you just look at what's inexpensive right now. And I would consider rotating into that. Let's talk briefly and we're going


to get to the warning things soon. I know there's the big fiery warning. I'm going to get to that story next. So just hold on and bear with me. But this is important. If you look at today's price action here, we'll switch back to a daily chart. Look at what was up a lot more than silver. Silver was up three and change percent 3.23%. This is the junior silver miner ETF up 7.73% on the day. So if you want to talk about taking some profits in silver itself, I think that the junior miners now granted


much riskier than physical metal or something like that, but also potentially a lot more upside. As you can see today, if you look at the ratio of the silver price, rather this is miners versus the silver price itself. And this goes back to 2012, you can see that we're really near the low end of the ratio, meaning that silver has been outperforming the miners thus far. Now, the miners have been doing pretty well, but silver's been moving faster. But eventually, this ratio, I do believe,


will shift, right? Maybe once silver remains at an elevated price for a prolonged period of time, that gives the miners a chance to actually bake some of those higher prices into their earnings, they report earnings that reflect a sustained higher price of the product that they're selling. But I do think that it makes sense to build positions in the miners here. It's not financial advice, but that's what I've been doing, right? I've been taking some profits on leverage paper positions and building


positions in the miners. So that doesn't necessarily mean that that's the right thing for you to do. But people have been asking this question. So I thought I'd go ahead and share what I've been doing. But I haven't sold any physical because again the physical metal, the tangible asset in your hand doesn't have counterparty risk. There's very few other assets that you can say that about. And when I look at what's going on with the US debt, when I look at what we had happen with bond yield the other


day when the Japanese bond yield, the 30-year Japanese bond was up 8% on the day. The yield that is that a frightening thing. And we had bond yields pretty much across the world soaring on that day. Now those have normalized a little bit after the whole tariff thing with Greenland and Trump's announcement that he wasn't going to impose those tariffs. But still, there could be another pin that punctures the debt bubble. So, I want to have all my physical when that happens. Let's take a


look at the warning now. Let's get to this warning. What stackers need to really be aware of here. This is a story posted January 22nd. Thieves empty Dutch silver museum in early morning heist. So, this is like a historical museum in the Netherlands. It's called the Silver Museum, I believe, and it had its entire collection of silverware stolen, which is kind of tragic because these are cultural objects. I really hope that these things aren't getting melted down. Maybe some eccentric wealthy individual


will buy them up and put them in their private collection or something. But it's a little alarming when you got the silver price moving up and you see these kind of priceless artifacts of history potentially getting melted down. But let me read you the story. On Wednesday morning at 4:30 a.m. local time, two men forced their way into the Dober Silver Museum, which is housed in the 13th century Martini Church. The thieves caught on security camera footage that is now being reviewed by police. Crowbar


opened a door and smashed display cabinets. They then stole more than 300 pieces of silverware worth tens of thousands of euros. According to museum staff, among them was a valuable collection of mustard pots amassed by the museum's founder, Martin Delene. The silver price is high, but for us, of course, it is far more than the silver price. is about the stories behind every mustard pot. It is history and it is cultural heritage. We are enormously disappointed and furious. So, as the price of the precious metals moves


higher, you're going to see more and more of this. And it is possible that as a stacker, you could be targeted for this, right? When silver is rising and maybe just getting started, the value of your stack is moving up and you're not the only person who knows that. So, invest in security. Do what you need to do to safeguard your stack. Whether that means diversifying where you store it. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. You can invest in safes, security systems, whatever. You can bury some


stuff. You can get allocated storage offsite if you don't want to be responsible for being the custodian of all of your metal. Depends on how much you have. Of course, there's no oneizefits-all thing. You can exercise your second amendment, which if you're in the US, I would encourage everybody to do that anyway, but there's no way to make yourself invulnerable against this kind of thing. But you can certainly make yourself a much more hardened target. And this is a real consideration


as the market continues to move higher. And I know it's exciting that your silver is going up. And there may be a bit of indication for those of you who have been trying to tell friends and family about how important it is to have physical tangible assets. But maybe just kind of cool it with that kind of talk as we see the price moving higher. And there may be this urge to kind of say, "I told you so." But probably not the smartest move. So just play your cards close to the vest and keep your mouth


shut about your silver and you'll likely be fine. But this is certainly something that stackers should be concerned about. You should be aware of the security risk increasing. Even though the number of ounces you have may be the same, the value of those ounces and their purchasing power is increasing. So, just be careful. That's all. Now, I've got some more silver stuff to cover. So, let's get back to it. But this is the warning. Just be careful with your stacking. Okay. So, here's something I


want to look at. Let's look at gold again. So, gold approaching 5,000 bucks, right? You might think it's kind of pricey, kind of expensive to get a 1 oz bar anymore these days. kind of costly to get a kilo of gold. That now is outside of the realm of possibilities for me. Just a pipe dream. But you can still get your hands on some fractional gold. Interestingly, look at that. That's the price that a merchant should be accepting for fractional gold. You can get 1 1,000th of an ounce of gold at


a time. You can actually get 1 2 with a half notes. Welcome to Gold Silver News, your go to destination for all things economics and finance. Whether you're an experienced investor, an inquisitive student, or just someone who wants to stay ahead in today's everchanging economic landscape, you've come to the right place. I've been working on a private road map for viewers who are more focused on protecting their wealth than speculating in uncertain markets. I'll share it at the end for those


interested. Now, we'll show you the best clips of the latest interview. But first, smash the subscribe button, hit the like button, and send us super thanks if you find our daily recaps valuable. Enjoy the episode. Now, interesting. Look at what's happening to them as the price of gold spikes. They're getting sold out. More and more units are selling out. So, a lot of people are skeptical of these largely because of the premium, but I can tell you I've got a lot of them and the secondary market is good and they've


performed very well because they track the price of gold. So, it's not financial advice. I'm not telling anybody what to do, but if you want to get your hands on some gold and sound a little pricey, you can get fractional gold. As far as fractional gold goes, they're one of my favorite things. Certainly, in terms of how fractional they are, I think they're the best thing available. Some people say that somehow they're worried about these being counterfeited. To my knowledge, they've


never been counterfeited. The new ones have all sorts of security features. They've got UV ink and stuff on the back. Nobody's counterfeiting these things. You need machinery that costs tens of millions of dollars. And clearly, there's a lot of interest. I'm just kind of amazed at how many of these are sold out, but you might want to check that out. And also, I just want to mention these silverback collectibles. These are more like collectibles, right? 1,000th of an ounce of silver. Now,


maybe these might become functional like fractional gold if gold and silver reach parody. Or if we do get a 20 to1 gold to silver ratio, or maybe a 10:1, maybe 1,000th of an ounce of silver could actually be a useful trade instrument. For now, they're mostly collectibles. Now, I wanted to also cover this back to some silver related news. This is the Shanghai Gold Exchange silver price, which if you look at the most recent data is at $24,342 Chinese yuan per kilo of silver. And if you do the math on that, that comes out


to about $3,490. You can further do the math on that, and that comes out to about $1857 per troy ounce. So right now in China, the silver price on the Shanghai gold exchange, which is an exchange that typically is tied more to the price of physical silver, is at 108 bucks an ounce. So the premiums remain elevated. Even though silver has been climbing in the US and in the West, it's up over $96 as of this moment. The premiums are still very high, about a $12 premium over Western markets, even as our spot


price continues to increase. So to me, this is an indication that silver is headed higher. It's not a promise. It's not a guarantee, but probability wise, I would say it is a high probability that silver is headed higher. And I think in the very near future, we're going to break out of the current channel that silver is trading within. That seems to be the most likely outcome. There could be a correction, of course. Anything's possible, but I personally have put my money where my mouth is. I got skin in


the game betting that the silver price is going to break out and go past $100 very soon. And the fact that it's already done that in China, and it's been over $100 now in China for over a week, this is not like a fluke. It's not a one-off thing. It didn't experience a significant amount of resistance at $100. It just kind of sailed past it and today it's back over $18. So to me, this premium has kind of been a leading indicator of where western markets are going. This has been going on since


December now. And ever since those premiums on Shanghai silver rose so high, we've been seeing a very strong uptrend here in the west as well following along. And I just think that this is more of the same. And so very likely that we are headed higher in the miners in silver, in gold, the other metals. Look, platinum up 5.43%. 43% today. I want to look at that chart real quick. A few more things to cover because platinum broke out of this triangle consolidation. This is what happened when Trump made his


announcement there, dipped back, retested the bottom trend line of that consolidation, and then surged much higher. So, it looks like this breakout is confirmed by today's action. This was a false breakdown on that commentary yesterday. That was a buying opportunity. That was what I was saying yesterday as the silver price was falling and as the platinum price was falling and it looks like that is how things played out. So listen, things are obviously heating up here in the precious metals market. They're getting


even more intense. The bull run is accelerating and you don't want to miss anything. So a lot of people who watch these videos don't subscribe. We're approaching a major milestone and I know a lot of you have been around for a long time now and I appreciate everybody who comments and watches. I try to read all the comments. I don't always get to check out all the live stream stuff, but I appreciate each and every one of you. I love the Stacker community. You're awesome. Stay safe. Stay safe everybody.


Keep on stacking and I will catch you next time. If your priority right now is not chasing returns, but protecting what took decades to build, I've put together a private road map linked below. If your priority right now is not chasing returns, but protecting what took decades to build, I've put together a private road map linked below.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post