All the performance over for this month has been silver and yet it's still gold getting the headlines. It's bizarre. Hi, welcome to the Gold Silver Show once again. I've got Alan Hibbert with me. Alan, how are you doing? I'm great, Mike, thanks. How are you? Good. So, uh, you've put together a little presentation about, uh, something that's happening, uh, you know, underneath things. It's sort of stealth. So yeah, exactly. So there's a there's a lot of eyes on gold and uh as an example, I got
a a cover here from the Financial Times. Uh a golden refuge in an era of instability. And for the last few months, there have been dozens of articles from major media outlets reporting on gold and how valuable it is and how attractive it is to investors, but they're not talking about silver. It's kind of unbelievable. Uh under the radar. Yeah. Everybody has been talking about gold. Uh I did a video recently on you know I believe this is the beginning of the third and final stage of this
bull market and that we will be experiencing sometime soon uh you know next 6 months next two years next three I don't know but uh that we will be experiencing this blowoff top and uh it it the third phase sort of begins when it starts attracting a lot of media coverage Yeah, and that's where we are right now. And uh it is only a matter of time. And one thing I want to zoom in on here is is this chart, which is a little tough to see, but someone recreated it for us. Comes from bar chart. Gold is destroying
all major asset classes this year. And you can see gold is at the top almost at 30% year-to- date. And we're not even halfway through the year, blowing away everything else. But as I mentioned a moment ago, silver is missing. It's not on this chart at all. And it should be basically the same size bar. Yeah. So, it's it's kind of unbelievable. Um, you know, silver is completely ignored and unloved. It's having a stealth bull market. And I want to just uh shine a little light on that in this video.
Yeah. And it's only been the past couple of weeks that it's really I mean, gold was surpassing it and then it just uh uh took off. And what's interesting is it got no media coverage. So, what's the next uh image here? Yeah. Okay. And this shows it. Gold was ahead. Silver was lagging and it's only been it took off at the beginning of this month. And yeah. Yeah. What we've got here, uh, so from zero hedge, silver is about to surpass gold as the best performing asset year to date. Gold is the orange
line at the top here. um everything is indexed to to 100 the you know the same level as of January 1st of this year and silver is the silver line you could see it was you know with gold then lagging a little bit and now it's back up with gold and this came out June 9th and actually the next day the next day silver outperformed gold by enough so that it became the best performing asset year to date um and you can see both assets are outperforming Bitcoin that's the blue line so I went ahead and
updated this chart uh because we have another week or almost two weeks worth of data and you can see silver did surpass gold year to date and then fell fell back a little bit and now they're pretty much neck and neck and they're both up around 28% so far year to date and again that's only halfway through the year so they're on pace to do 60% in a year um both both metals so absolutely fantastic. Yeah. Awesome. Yes. Uh and we got a viewer comment here. It is interesting though that all the performance over for
this month has been silver and yet it's still gold getting the headlines. It's bizarre. Yeah, exactly. And one of our viewers commented on our most recent video about silver. This comes from Sandwich King. There is little talk or excitement about silver price price rise outside of the community that is into precious metals. That tells me there's a lot more room to rise. And he is exactly right. Exactly right. Yeah, exactly. It's just the insiders paying attention to silver, right? Dirk Morton says,
"Wake me when silver gets to $50." Um, okay. If you want to wait until it gets to 50 to buy, but you know, I used to uh uh you know, with with gold back when it was below a thousand bucks, it was like 700 bucks or something like that. And uh when somebody would just uh say that you know that they were going to wake it hadn't really performed that much yet. And I I said you look like a $2500 guy. You're wait you're you're a $5,000 guy. You know you're going to wait until it
hits 5,000 then you'll buy. So, uh, you know, 50, uh, I believe that it's going to rise and it'll hit this resistance and there's going to be a lot of sellers and professionals, uh, you know, traders that, uh, sell at 50 and it should do a little retracement uh, somewhere like as it approaches 48 or so, we should see a retracement and it might take, you know, one, two, three or something like that to get through that $50 level. But when it does, I think triple digits are going to come pretty darn quickly. Yeah,
absolutely. Uh your your story there about the $2,500 gold guy, that reminds me of a saying in the Bitcoin community, which applies to just about everything in my opinion. It's everyone buys at the price they deserve. You know, if you're if you don't want to pay attention, if you want to be sleeping until the price goes higher, then you know, that's your choice. Anyway, and speaking of our next viewer has said, uh, talking about silver, "When it's 200, I'll start paying
attention." Sorry. Okay. Can't say that without laughing. When it's 200, I'll start paying attention. Okay. So, that's sort of an area, you know, we we have no idea where the top is. I've been saying for a long time that tripledigit silver is inevitable. And but that seems like, you know, so when it peaks, when it hits a top, I'll pay attention. Maybe I'll buy and write it all the way down. Yeah, we'll see. No love. Um, another uh another point to to observe here is the
major divergence in gold and silver, which you mentioned a moment ago throughout April and May, the two metals were moving together pretty tightly. And then basically in June, the last few weeks, we've seen a big divergence. Silver outperforming gold pretty significantly. So yeah, it's pretty interesting. I have a feeling if this went back to the beginning of the year, you'd see gold outperforming silver. So silver is playing catch-up right now. This is a different way of looking at
the gold silver ratio, isn't it? Yeah. So basically the gold silver ratio would be roughly constant while these two are all together and then you know after this divergence the gold silver ratio comes down because silver is going up. Yeah. Yeah. Exactly. Another viewer comment here is that silver is too volatile for me as a physical asset. I would rather own gold. What are your thoughts on that, Mike? Well, um I own for every ounce of gold I own, I own almost 300 ounces of silver. And the reason why is in fact while
silver was up at 100 was a great time to be selling your gold and buying more silver. Uh and then you ride it down. And so, um, it's it's fine if it's too volatile for you and you don't have the stomach for it, that that's just fine. It's just that if you want two, three, maybe even four times more gold than you paid for, uh, buying silver when it's up at these, you know, it's still in the 90s right now, I think. I haven't checked today, but um uh when it's up at
such I mean I've pointed this out so many times how rare these moments are. It's measured in just weeks or a couple of months over the last 2500 years when silver has been this incredibly cheap compared to gold. And so these these are ratios that will revert especially when you consider the minable supplies. Uh there is not that much minable silver. Silver is coming mostly as a byproduct and if we have uh any type of global financial crisis. Um what you're going to see is monetary demand and at the same time you'll see
less basil being mined. that will slow down and that means that that 60% or more of the silver supply will go away. The supply isn't there just when everybody wants it. I I I just think that the gold silver ratio is something that can't uh stay this insanely out of whack forever. Yeah, I agree completely. Yeah. And getting back to Hamlet's comment here that that silver is too volatile. Um, yeah, take a smaller position. If you if you can't stomach the volatility, make it a smaller
percentage of your portfolio and and do exactly that. Think of your portfolio as a portfolio, not just a bunch of individual assets, right? Look at it as a holistic basis. Yeah. I look at things like the gold silver ratio and just the underlying fundamentals and I go, well, this can't last. It's just not All I have to do is have the stomach to wait. Exactly. And what happened in the last bull market? Uh well, there's a few different asset classes we can look at. Silver, gold, real estate, stocks, and this was
the performance throughout the 1970s. Yeah. Silver did uh 41x, gold did 25x. And that was when there was a lot more silver available above ground than there is today. Uh the minable supplies are lower. Uh we are in a silver deficit right now where every year we use more silver than than we mine. And still, you know, the whole point of this video is that uh silver is flying still flying under the radar. Uh the media has not caught on to any of this yet. But this time around, the difference between gold
and silver should be u much more pronounced than what we had back here in the 70s. Now again this is not inflationadjusted. If you inflation adjust the bull markets in the 70s stocks uh went backwards. They actually lost. This is just uh you know this is nominal. This is dollar amount not uh adjusted for how much those dollars buy. Exactly. Exactly. So stocks were not a good investment for the 1970s. Right. Um, so out of curiosity, right before this video, I actually went to chat GPT and uh inquired about how was the media
coverage about gold and silver back in the 70s, right? That was before I was born, so I wasn't around to to follow the news back then. Uh, and I basically asked it, you know, how were the two assets covered? Was there a lag effect between one or the other? Was there a difference in tone? And it gave me this great printout, but I uh captured the summary. So I'm curious, Mike, if this jives with your understanding of this period and if you think we might be seeing a repeat today. So here's the
summary. The gold coverage, gold coverage became mainstream by 1973 to74, intensifying into the final years of 1970 with dramatic inflation and record highs. Silver coverage lagged, receiving real spotlight only after the Hunt brothers in 1974 and then more intensely in the late7s bubble and crash. The tone of the coverage for gold shifted from analytical at first to alarmist in the end and the tone for silver shifted from muted or quiet not at all to sensational fear during the bubble and crash. And finally, the media
trend. A shift from technical or market focused posts to dramatic narratives driven by macro events, inflation, speculation, and regulatory drama. What do you think, Mike? Uh, yeah, that was pretty much it. You know, in the United States, uh, in 73 and 74, it wasn't private ownership of gold was still illegal. It was the first day of 75 that it actually became legal again. and uh then uh intensifying into 7980. That is absolutely correct. Uh I think it was the last um it's the video about gold making the news was
uh one or two releases ago. Uh and um in there I read the final pages of uh the chapter on the difference between the 70s bull market in a day from the book that you helped me. Uh you did a lot of research on this, the great gold and silver rush of the 21st century. And uh there's a whole bunch that was cut from my first book and I got to in include that in this book and it's uh Time magazine articles on gold during these events and it is uh quite amazing and even then uh silver sort of got left
out of the story until uh the Hunt brothers but basically the reason you know I interviewed Jeff Christian of CPM Group and there CPM is one of the authorities on supply demand fundamentals and he was around back then and I I asked him how much the Hunt brothers contributed to that bull market and he said 50 to 75 cents at the most. It wasn't the Hunt brothers cornering the market that drove silver to 5250. It was the public shifting their preference from gold to silver when gold was perceived as being too expensive.
And the common guy that was, you know, the average income then was less than $10,000 a year. And so uh $500 gold, six, seven, $800 gold, that seemed like a lot. And uh and and silver was still perceived as a bargain. And that's when silver just blew the doors off of gold. And I've been expecting the exact same thing to happen. Exactly. And it seems like we're in this phase right here. Current uh silver coverage is muted. Exactly. There's there's not much of it. It's really I
look to try to find silver stories in the Financial Times or Barren or Wall Street Journal. It's hard to find stories on silver. Like they just don't exist. And that suggests that that silver is where the opportunity is. uh the biggest opportunity and that's the reason I own almost 300 ounces of silver for every ounce of gold that I own. Yeah, makes perfect sense. Our final comment here comes from a viewer. I always said since I watched Hidden Secrets of Money, I will keep trading worthless pieces of paper for silver and
gold until they won't let me anymore. Thanks to you, Mike. Until they won't let you. Well, uh, Justin won in 888. I want to thank you very much for that comment. It is highly appreciated. And thank you, Alan. This was a great presentation. Thanks, Mike. And thanks everyone for watching.
Post a Comment