gold news

 hey welcome to the gold silver show again and Allan has a surprise for me he's put together some of the differences from when I opened goldsilver.com until today Allan what have you got yeah thanks Mike uh so this is very exciting a little bit more light than some of our other videos uh so yeah so congratulations by the way on 20 successful years in business that's very exciting thanks yeah so for anyone who has uh heard about this in a recent video uh they know that the company is 20 years old and we do have a 20th


anniversary sale on the website we've got all kinds of great deals we have a new logo um yeah big uh big refresh so um I thought I could take this video mic and show you five charts of some different metrics that we look at and how they've changed over the last 20 years awesome let's do it yeah let's do it all right the first one of course includes gold it's gold and the S&P 500 for the last 20 years going back to January 1st 2005 they indexed together at 100 and you can see their progress


here and of course gold is in the lead averaging 99.4% per year the S&P only doing 88.2% and you know I with with the videos that we've done recently I feel like uh gold is you know Dave Morgan always use of silver investor.com um Dave Morgan always used to say that uh 80% of the move comes in the last 20% of the time something like that and I think that we're there right now where there's uh it feels like there's an explosion coming I don't know but that's what it feels like yes I agree an


explosion in Gold a crash in the S&P right which I mean we need to revisit this chart again on the 25th anniversary of goldsilver.com and see how these numbers have changed yes I can't wait yeah all right chart number two all that currency that's been created and how is it affecting consumer prices so I have the CPI and I have M2 and I index them together at 100 and the CPI has grown by 2.6% per year which is I mean it's higher than 2% higher than what the FED wants but that's a lot um that's a lot


to be uh dealing in consumer prices and M2 up 6.2% per year holy cow you know the only other thing that I'd like to see on this chart is above ground gold stocks how many ounces of gold uh how fast is the gold Supply increasing compared to M2 because that's uh one of the things that gold seems to reconcile eventually it's the the great equalizer but it lies in weight and if you catch one of those events where it's making up for the expansion of the currency Supply why there are some great


potential gains and we've been watching that now since uh you know this whole Century we've been watching gold make these gains but um it it seems like The Best Is Yet To Come yes I agree all right next up we have the federal Surplus or deficit since it's only been a deficit every year for the last 20 years and basically the percentage of that deficit divided by the GDP so all these Gary red bars is the basically a quantity of how bad our leadership has been at sticking to a budget and this line here is uh as a


percentage of GDP so you can see that it was around 3% 20 years ago and it's up over 6% now so wow these these deficits are have doubled in the last 20 years as a percentage of GDP you know my book was written from 2005 and I got to was finished in in my first book was finished in 2007 and then I got to update it like in April of 2008 it came out in uh July just and then the Markets started to crash in August and uh but um you know I was writing about the deficits and the national debt in the


book and I predicted that everything was just going to explode uh there's an old video uh back in 2005 of me predicting that Ben Bernan would be our next fed head and that he was going to do massive quantities of printing but I had no idea how massive it was going to be yeah I think everyone was surprised yeah and these uh these deficits getting larger and larger I mean yep who knows who knows if we've seen the largest yet I mean obviously with with Doge uh the intention is to eliminate these deficits but we'll see


if it actually happens yeah but what's more important is that percentage scale that the uh than the number uh and so if um so it's budget to GDP so this can come down by growing GDP and I it's my feeling that what they really need to do is sort of unleash the private sector before they do too much of the cost cutting even though the cost cutting that they're doing is wasteful spending like I've said in the last few VI videos it ends up in GDP because they do that wasteful spending but people do get paid


and then they go and buy gasoline and groceries and uh if you cut that too quickly uh you can cause a recession uh even though it's waste you could you can cause a recession uh so they need to unleash business so that the GDP is growing at a faster rate than we are doing the cost cutting that's my opinion yeah I agree grow the GDP it's a lagging indicator of everyone doing well you know of prosperity right so yeah okay chart number four similar this is the accumulated gross federal debt and then


I've divided it by GDP so you can see the federal debt just growing and growing and growing growing out of control really right um and there's this stupid thing they call a debt ceiling I mean how ridiculous okay here's the ceiling you can't go above this okay well let's raise the ceiling and you can't go above that okay well let's raise the ceiling uh it's it's idiotic the dog and pony show they put on uh every once in a while and raise a bunch of ruckus about it and but you


look at this up at 120% that is similar to the emergency of World War II you know what are we doing in peacetime running these uh enormous uh debt to gdps it's it's crazy that our government is our politicians are so out of control and the big problem is once they tax you and they're taxing you it's it's all coercion so you know they literally are pointing a gun at your head uh because if you decide not to pay your tax they're going to come and get you if you barricade your


home barricade yourself in your home with some guns you're gonna probably end up dead but um uh they they uh tax you and once they've done that they think that all of this currency is is theirs and they can just spend it wherever they want so they're spending your hard-earned cash on sending it to uh Ukraine and and you know uh testing out uh you know the reaction of dogs to cocaine and just all of these idiotic things that they're taxing you for and we're we're going into this death spiral


basically because there is a point point at which uh this becomes a trap and if if uh interest rates go up it consumes all of the the tax dollars and there's no way to pay this down the only thing you can try and do is grow GDP faster than the debt and uh um so I I'm very grateful to Alon musk and the new Administration for doing the house cleaning that they are doing and ending all of this waste but they got to be careful yeah it's tough work but somebody's got to do it we have to do it


it's gonna be right and this chart shows it but this is this is an amazing difference so seven trillion yeah up to 35 trillion so that's that's a growth of five act in the de remember I started writing the book and I said 7 trillion and then I had to raise that in 2006 and then raise it again in 2007 and then the book came out in 2008 and it was already wrong because it had gone up to like N9 trillion well that's 2008 n trillion so that was the uh so from from seven to nine during the writing of my book our


politicians are just crazy they're insan yeah yeah and the debt to GDP by the way um so it was it was under 60% that's the right Axis it was under 60% now it's about 120 so it has doubled in the last 20 years it's doubled crazy so not good not good all right one more our final chart here in the last 20 years this is the monthly housing payment so I basically calculated I took the median price of a home and I took the median rate on a 30-year mortgage and I assumed a 20% down payment and financing the


other 80% and I said what is your monthly payment to afford a house for the last 20 years and the green line is in dollars and that's the right Axis so I actually did better labeling the axis on this one the payment was around $1,000 maybe like 1,00 it was fairly steady fairly level until recently it shot up like a rocket and now it's more than double what it was 20 years ago if you're paying in dollars however you divide those by the price of gold which simulates paying for a house in ounces


of gold and what happened houses got cheaper so originally it lot cheaper a lot cheaper it was about two and a half ounces to afford a monthly mortgage about two and a half ounces of gold now it's down below one it's like 0.9 or 085 something like that so yeah huge a huge decrease in the cost of owning a house if you hold gold that is an amazing and unique chart I so glad you did that thank you very much you're welcome Happy Happy uh 20 years thank you and I do look uh forward to updates of some of


these charts in five years at the 25th anniversary uh we'll see how well gold and silver have done I want to thank you alen and I want to thank everybody for watching we'll see you next time thanks everyone


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post