In today's video, I have some big news for you. The Supreme Court has struck down the majority of President Trump's tariffs. Estimates are about 70% of them. So, the tariffs were the centerpiece of President Trump's plan. It was supposed to tax Americans hundreds of billions of dollars a year. It was supposed to bring back manufacturing to the United States of America. And it was supposed to make us rich like the golden age. Okay? But this is final. It's the Supreme Court. they cannot appeal a
decision by the Supreme Court. So, this is a huge blow to President Trump's agenda. Okay, so here's what happens. Normally, if you want to impose tariffs, then Congress has to approve it. They have to vote on it. They have to approve it in the House of Representatives and in the Senate. But instead, President Trump declared that it was a national emergency. So, he just enacted the tariffs without congressional approval. But of course, it was challenged legally because, as you can imagine, these
tariffs affect a lot of businesses, especially the ones that import the majority of their products. So, this case climbed all the way up to the Supreme Court. And the question was, does the president have the power to impose all these tariffs under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, the EA? The Trump administration was making the argument that the tariffs were indeed necessary to address two foreign threats. The first one being the influx of illegal drugs from Canada, Mexico, and China. And President Trump declared this
a public health crisis. And the second one was a large and persistent trade deficit. So this simply means that Americans are importing more products than we export. President Trump said this is an emergency that undermines critical supply chains. And President Trump says that he imposed tariffs without congressional approval to deal with each one of these threats. And the Supreme Court ruled today 6 to3 that the EA does not authorize the president to impose tariffs to this extent. The Supreme Court said that in the IEPA's half
ccentury of existence, no president has invoked a statute to impose any tariffs, let alone tariffs of this magnitude and scope. So they're basically saying that there's a lack of historical precedence. Additionally, they said that the wide range of authority imposed by the president extends beyond the president's legitimate reach. >> Now, I mean, there are many things I want to express, but we're okay. Let's begin here. First of all, I just want to state that you and I got ripped off in a
big way. Okay, why am I saying that? It's because 90% of the duties were covered by American consumers, which is you and I. Tariffs are a levy on the American public. That's what they are. So, the duties that were paid to the authorities will be reimbursed to the corporations. We're talking about Walmarts, Costco, Nike, Lewis, Vuitton, LVMH. They're going to receive the funds. They're going to obtain the reimbursements. Over 1,800 lawsuits have been submitted against the US government
regarding these duties. And you know what's going to occur? They're the ones that are going to be receiving the money back. So you and I, we're most likely going to receive nothing. We're not going to be reimbursed anything. So for the past year, all those duties that you and I covered are going to be reimbursed back to the corporations. So I would say like if you reflect on it, this was a massive win for the corporations. Those reimbursements are projected to exceed $100 billion and they just earned a huge
amount of money. Now here's something else that I want to mention. The entire purpose of the duties was to lower the trade deficit, right? Like that was their second objective which I just showed you in the Supreme Court decision. It was intended to reduce imports. It was intended to revive American manufacturing and boost American exports, thereby shrinking the trade deficit. But I want to tell you that the figures are out. The US had a trade deficit of 91 billion in 2025. The trade deficit declined by less than 1%
compared to 2024. So the trade deficit did not shrink. And you know what occurs? Other nations retaliated and they adjusted segments of their supply chain. So they located alternative countries to purchase goods from instead of purchasing US goods. Therefore, I'm telling you, we are left in a worse position compared to pre-liberation day. And here's something else I want to highlight. In fiscal year 2024, which is under President Biden, the federal government's deficit was $1.83 trillion.
Okay, so this simply means that the US government overspent by $1.83 trillion. They spent more funds than they had coming in and therefore the government had to borrow $1.83 trillion and it added to our national debt. Now, in fiscal year 2025 under President Trump, the federal government's deficit was $1.78 trillion. And President Trump made a significant point that he reduced the deficit. Of course, not by much, but he could technically make the case that things were moving in the right direction, right? However, once you
remove the taxes that the government gathered from the duties under the EA, then the deficit under President Trump was higher than under President Biden. That means that we are heading in the wrong direction. So listen, Obama spent more than Bush and Trump spent more than Obama and Biden spent more than Trump and now Trump is spending more than Biden. Like each and every president is simply spending more and the deficits are worsening. It doesn't matter if it's Democrat or Republican. And right now,
the US federal government's debt stands at $ 38.7 trillion. And this is coming directly from the US Treasury's website. Okay, listen. Everything that we were assured is just not materializing. Like, it's probably not a major surprise to most people, right? So, since the beginning of all this, we actually lost manufacturing positions. The government's tax revenue compared to their forecasts will decrease by approximately $150 billion a year and this tariff- driven golden age is finished. It's been struck down by the
Supreme Court. Okay. So, what's going to occur next? So far, at the time of recording this video, Trump has not replied. So, typically, he replies immediately with a post on True Social. However, President Trump will be speaking to the public in a press conference very shortly. So, it's probably going to be out by the time that you're watching this video. But it's a very important question like what follows next because I mean the duties were the cornerstone. That was the entire strategy in terms of raising
taxes and encouraging American manufacturing, right? So, President Trump could attempt to maintain the duties under another loophole. But if the EPA was the strongest loophole that they had, like their primary option, then I'm sure that their plan B for trying to preserve this is going to be even more fragile. So, I'm just telling you that this is not appearing good from President Trump's perspective. And I'm just anticipating the state of a union address that's going to be next week.
And I'm sure that this ruling completely disrupted his speech. I'm sure that he's going to have to revise the majority of it. Now, I just want to say that my expectation is, and we're probably going to get confirmation of this in the press conference, that he's not going to abandon his trade policy. So, although the majority of his duties were struck down under the IEPA, he's probably going to secure some specific and focused duties to remain if he just restructures his duty policy. Because again, the
Supreme Court ruled that he doesn't have the authority to implement broad global duties. But if they're going to be more focused, then there's a greater chance that they may remain or be permitted. So I believe that President Trump's not going to quit. However, it's not going to be anywhere near the scale of what was taking place before the ruling came out. And another alternative is for President Trump to impose additional charges related to imported goods. So in this type of situation, they wouldn't be
labeled duties. Rather, they would just be various types of charges. But you have to remember that these charges are going to be passed along to American consumers and it's ultimately going to be a levy on Americans. Listen, if you want my genuine opinion, I'll just tell you I'm just so tired of this. Just stop the deception. Stop the levies. Just please just stop. Just stop. Right? You know, duties are not going to generate a golden age. You don't create a golden age by charging your citizens more
money. And this, in my view, was just a cash grab. And who did it benefit? It benefited the government because they're pulling in the tax revenue. And then, of course, I didn't expect this one. Now, it's going to benefit the corporations by, you know, over $100 billion. Like, this is outrageous. If your priority right now is not chasing returns, but protecting what took decades to build, I've put together a private road map linked below. If your priority right now is not chasing returns, but protecting
what took decades to build, I've put together a private road map linked below. Oh.
Post a Comment